My Lockdown Story- Light Jachike

by Light Jachike

A  Lockdown Story

By: Light Jachike

My take on this lockdown might surprise many because I was super excited about it. Now don’t be too quick to throw a stone. Here’s what I mean, I was so excited to get a break like a real break. No work. No going to school. No demands of everyday movement, just me alone!

Phew! that’s heaven to me right there. Before all this, my routine happened to be: Go to work early in the morning, rush down to catch up with my classes that are always about to end when I get there, go to church or meetings in the evenings
get home, eat, do assignments, read and on and on …like this everyday.

Breathe

Hopefully, you would understand why I was so excited to get a break!
I’m definitely sad about this virus incidence and the negative impacts it has on people. No source of livelihood anymore, and so much pressure with fear everywhere.

But this COVID-19 pandemic really gave me a platform to breathe. I mean, my relationship with God got so better. I’ve been able to plan and strategise on a lot of things. Like I’m finally going to start a business I’ve posted off for so long: ZOMA SUYA.

Queen of Suya

I can attend classes from the comfort of my home. Just go out to buy the necessary things and come back home.

For me, it’s the best break ever! And really a part of me wishes it won’t end. Lol! Not the COVID-19 of course.

I’m so convinced that these period is a gift to humanity. A time to reflect, build solid relationship with God and family, make positive changes going forward.

Truth is, after all these is over, which is not far from now, a lot of things will change. The world and its system won’t be the same ever. So how prepared are you to go back to the world?

A Note From Eden: Dear Light,

I could end this note here, because your name says it all. The brightness you carry. The aura of positivity. The resplendence of your brilliance. This and more are simply the inside out reflections of your kind of heart. A kind that comes with a fragrance perceived even from afar! Thanks for sharing your truth with us at Express-Shun. Thanks for pouring out your heart in all sincerity and relatability. The world is dark enough. Continue to shine the light that you are.

Cheers!

Much love!!

You may also like

11 comments

Osinachi P. Benjamin May 23, 2020 - 9:45 pm

Wow!!! I don’t even know which part of the story to comment on right now. It’s just feels so good to find someone on the same page with you… Personally, my life was like a moving train, no pause no break and God knows if I had continued that way, I would have broken down Donner or later. This has been a time of breathing for me too. Ironically the best phase of my adult life.

Feyi May 23, 2020 - 10:00 pm

Yeah, breathe is just the word. Nicely articulated

Grace Samuel May 23, 2020 - 10:05 pm

Every workaholic like me would be able to relate perfectly with this

Olumide May 23, 2020 - 10:16 pm

I agree. Things will not be the same after now, and unlike your story of still putting things right while breathing, many fail to understand that part sadly. Thanks for sharing and for the heart probing question after all

Nathaniel TM. May 23, 2020 - 11:25 pm

The stories this week have been mind blowing! Here, beautiful name. Beautiful words. Beautiful pictures. Kudos to the writer
Great job team!

Thelma Balogun May 23, 2020 - 11:36 pm

Wow, Queen of Suya! I saw that one😂 Okay personally, if there is one this pandemic has helped me do , it’s drawing closer to God. Tomorrow is Sunday and after my online church here, I sit for hours in personal worship. This has even become a routine for me, because everyday is now my Sunday. I love your story. Thanks for the connection in it.

Ayomiposi May 24, 2020 - 6:49 am

Heaven right there indeed! You’re so beautiful and inspiring. Happy Sunday

Uncle T May 24, 2020 - 7:23 am

Sometimes it’s scary to think about the Post COVID-19 period. But it’s a life that will surely emerge, as long as it isn’t the end of the world yet. The best is to continue building ourselves for the future now.

Mattias May 24, 2020 - 9:04 am

A gift in disguise. A time to live our very best lives. The very one we are called for, and not the one life threw at us all these while. A time to settle with ourselves. Our cores. Thank you Beautiful

Virgilio Schlachter June 4, 2020 - 2:42 am

I just want to tell you that I am just all new to blogs and seriously savored you’re blog site. More than likely I’m likely to bookmark your site . You certainly have awesome article content. Thank you for sharing your web page.

Shawnda Morla June 10, 2020 - 6:21 pm

Thankyou for all your efforts that you have put in this. very interesting information.